Oxygen Brightener Bleach Alternative
You can give your laundry a boost without bleach, and without plastic! This Oxygen Brightener is color-safe, and better for the planet. Use as part of your laundry routine, but can also remove other stains - try it on your mugs to remove tea and coffee stains.
Plastic-Free, Chlorine-Free, Dye-Free, Preservative-Free, Palm-Oil Free, Cruelty-Free, Fragrance-Free! Not good for septic systems though, as it is designed to kill microbes.
Full Ingredient List: Sodium Carbonate Peroxide (Sodium Percarbonate), Sodium Carbonate (Washing Soda)
Meliora is a great company: Committed to transparency, a Certified B Corp, a 1% For the Planet and Women's Voices for the Earth member, and each item is vegan, cruelty-free, and carries the MADE SAFE and Leaping Bunny seal.
- Add 1 Tablespoon to a normal load of laundry.
- For large/heavy loads, double it.
- Use with any water temp (for best results, warmer is better) and most fabrics (do not use with wool or silk)
- Test colored fabrics for color-fastness
- For general household cleaning, mix 1 Tablespoon of Oxygen Brightener with 8-16 oz. of warm water (about 1/4- to 1/2-cup of Oxygen Brightener per gallon of water)
- DO NOT MIX with Chlorine, Ammonia, or any other chemicals
Net Weight 2 lbs
Want to read more about the ingredients? Read on!
- Sodium Carbonate Peroxide: More commonly called Sodium Percarbonate. A people- and planet-friendly oxidizer, sodium percarbonate breaks down organic dirts and stains to make them easier to remove from your clothes and home. Upon completion of the reaction, all that remains of sodium percarbonate is water and oxygen.
- Sodium Carbonate: Also known as washing soda or soda ash, sodium carbonate is a pH adjuster. It raises the pH of the washing water, which results in more effective cleaning. For this reason it's often referred to as a laundry 'booster'.